Lyrics Index

| 0-9, symbols | A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K |
| L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z |

If

"If" is a 1990s song by singer/composer Nelson del Castillo. The song talks about a man who wants to show his sincere feelings to a woman that he truly loves. This man illustrates his love through a series of conditions like if someone else would come, the man wishes or hopes it would be someone who will love her more than he is. The title of the song is based on these series of conditions.

In 2007, the melody of this song was incorporated in Jim Brickman's all-piano instrumental "Hope", which is included in the album with the same name. The inclusion of this track on Brickman’s album stirred some controversy because Brickman did not give credit to Del Castillo’s original work. To avoid copyright infringement, Brickman e-mailed Del Castillo for an apology regarding the fiasco.

If

If you see that love shine through
Don't be afraid to show me that you care
And I will take all the doubts in you
And show you what to do
And find a way to make you feel
That I am here ready to show you the way

(Refrain)
So, if you say goodbye to me
Always remember this....
that woman you really mean more to me
And if someone else would come
I (hope/wish) it would be someone who will love you more
And will take care of you
Much more than I can do

(Bridge)
Dreams are there for us
Dreams are sometimes end
Don't ever think that I am just a dream

(Repeat Refrain)
(Repeat Bridge)
(Repeat Refrain to fade)

No comments: